Nightshade Anime & Manga RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun filled anime/manga reading, watching and RPG community.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cross-Posted from Registry

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Maximillion
Novice
Novice
Maximillion

Character Sheet
Current Active Characters: Maximillion VonMitternacht (Hellsing RP)
Game Related Information:
Nom de Guerre:

Cross-Posted from Registry Empty
PostSubject: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 5:26 pm

Name of Weapon: Lumen
Material: Non-ferrous Meteor Rock & uniquely reinforced high-resilience (non-ferrous) metals, around a rod made from the meteor rock, both halves of the compound material being uncommonly tough and resilient, resisting dulling even when wielded frequently.
Blade Length: 4'
Blade Width: 3"

Appearance: (w/sheath)
Cross-Posted from Registry 5edc608c46

Special Traits: (None aside from being supremely resilient, perpetually sharp (like, laser precision), and having aesthetic appeal)

It glows in the dark, and said 'light' flickers when swung about (friction and the cooling effect). Flashes like a strobe light if swung fast enough. Highly durable, but besides this, is mostly just meant to be a flashy way of fighting, employing Maximillion's swordsmanship skills, while allowing Maximillion to use the flickering of the lights in a tactical and masterful way in combat.[/b]

Last edited by Maximillion on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:29 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Maximillion
Novice
Novice
Maximillion

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 5:37 pm

Maximillion was always supposed to have a melee weapon. However, I think some of the original content was lost when the initial profile (check archives :p) was nuked before Review.

I apologize for waiting this long to post it, but when I went to have Maximillion draw his weapon, it suddenly hit me that I couldn't recall coming across it in the initial app, and sure enough...

It wasn't there.  o_o
Back to top Go down
Lenka
Moderate
Moderate
Lenka

Character Sheet
Current Active Characters:
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 11:35 pm

Alright, I'm sorry this took me so long.

Now, you specifically say this is made of "Metal Rubber". I'm assuming you mean the material patented by NanoSonic, in 2007. Now, the forum currently resides in 2004, so this material doesn't exist. So, the sword, neither, can exist.

Also, just pointing out a design flaw, unless the meteor rock is as flexible as the Metal Rubber, it's going to just snap and shear inside the outer cover material.

So, just on the basis that the Metal Rubber doesn't exist, I'm going to cast my vote as a disapproval. Sorry about that.

However! If you change the material I can easily change my vote, too! So I look forward to your edit, if you wish to make one.

Approvals: 0
Disapprovals: 1
Back to top Go down
Maximillion
Novice
Novice
Maximillion

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 9:22 am

Proposition:

You, rather than just tell me NO, propose a suitable alternative? In exchange, we move this along more smoothly and painlessly than this process has went in the past.

Yay? Nay? Because, without suggestions, I'm kind of shooting in the dark, here.

Also, we're still in 2004, IC'ly?
Back to top Go down
Lenka
Moderate
Moderate
Lenka

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 8:56 pm

Well... Honestly, if you want suitable alternatives... I can only suggest materials that don't have a similar flexibility trait, unfortunately.

Perhaps titanium, blended with the meteor rock into an alloy (at high temperature)

I'm assuming the meteor rock is what has it flash like a strobe when swung quickly? Or something similar?

Perhaps mixing it with steel, clay crucible style. That would have a good deal of flexibility, but not quite as much as metal rubber.

Yes, we are still in 2004 on the forum.

(On a side note, I love swords, and am totally all for you getting one, just gotta work out the material and we're all set!)
Back to top Go down
Maximillion
Novice
Novice
Maximillion

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 9:18 pm

Alrighty, sorry for the snafu in my original draft.

I'm now intending for a luminescent "Valerian Steel" of sorts (Game of Thrones reference). You can shave with a dagger, but try that with Valerian steel, and your face will be missing a thick hunk of flesh. :p
Back to top Go down
Lenka
Moderate
Moderate
Lenka

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 12:38 am

Unfortunately, thats another problem, as that's a magical steel, and at least in GoT, the art of forging those weapons is lost, even tothose who study basic magic. Plus, magical weapons on the forum are iffy, and honestly require a lot of work and effort. If you're up for it, draft up the reason he'd have such a thing, how it was created, etc.

Also, the sharper, magical dagger would shave better. Source: Lenka shaves with a straightrazor. Heh.
Back to top Go down
Twitch
Elite
Elite
Twitch

Character Sheet
Current Active Characters: Alucard
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 8:54 am

Sorry for not commenting on this sooner Maxine but he is right. Gonna need reasons and lots more details to approve it.
Back to top Go down
Maximillion
Novice
Novice
Maximillion

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 2:26 pm

It was a figure of speech. This blade isn't magical, just exceptionally well-forged; the kind of thing an immortal who's devoted his life to crafting weaponry could fashion.

More details than being luminescent, ever-sharp and metal? Do I need a few paragraphs RPing Max sliding his finger along the flat part of the blade, and describing the cold feel of the metal, the way it reflects light, and how it reminds him of his boyhood long ago? LOL

I feel like I'm being asked to make it conjure flames now or something, or is this going to be fine without being Enchanted, or powerful in some way?
Back to top Go down
Twitch
Elite
Elite
Twitch

Character Sheet
Current Active Characters: Alucard
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 8:58 pm

Alright well I'll tell you what Maxi Pad. I don't feel like having us deliberate on this thing and you've asked for more to your character so here's your chance to impress me. I'm giving you an approval for this even though it does seem like it has magical qualities with the glowing and all. What I do want from you before I give it to you is to for one, remove the word supremely from the description of resiliency.it raises concerns of it being Almost in breakable from an outside perspective.

Second, your flashing light is not listed as having any ultraviolet tendencies so at face value, I am only going to allow any sort of strategic advantage over human characters. As with any attack or effect, I would, of course, insist that the decision of whether or not it takes effect or not be in the sole discretion of the other player for sake of the godmod possibilities of calling such a blindness effect.

If you agree to these two stipulations, you have an approval. Don't disappoint me.
Back to top Go down
Lenka
Moderate
Moderate
Lenka

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 1:17 am

On a side note, sorry Maximillion, I only wanted the tons of detail if it were magic. I don't like figures of speech because they leave too much open to speculation, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Maximillion
Novice
Novice
Maximillion

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:31 am

Ahh, I never imagined it could be construed as having Ultraviolet applications. Heck no, it'd be no more ultraviolet than a glow stick. :p

As for a blindness affect, I'm thinking more of an illusory affect, that the perception of flickering lights would give him sparce moments of additional reaction time, hardly enough to give him an advantage Offensively, but more Defensively. Yet, at the end of the day, I'm okay leaving that between myself and the other player, as I'm sure I and any other veteran writers can work out plot and story amongst ourselves, without squabbling (which happens when people just act on impulse w/o communicating).

As with it's durability, how does one go about knowing what CAN and CAN'T break a certain weapon? And how would one go about repairing it, if it IS broken?

I've never minded if my foes wrote out having unbreakable weapons, since the goal was to spar/clash, not stand still and take turns whacking the other's weapon and see which breaks first.

But short version: No ultraviolet anything, and I'd like to understand how we determine durability, and how broken things get fixed.
Back to top Go down
Lenka
Moderate
Moderate
Lenka

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 10:42 am

Broken swords get fixed like they usually do. Visit a forge and get the blade recasted.

As for durability, just think about it. Whacking a steel pole with your sword will shatter it. Cutting through an unarmed man will not. It's situational, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Maximillion
Novice
Novice
Maximillion

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 12:02 pm

Why...would a steel pole shatter a highly dense, laser-sharp sword, when swords are wielded for HOURS in battle, clashing against polearms, maces and other swords alike, yet do not break?

This isn't made out of glass or ice, man. This is high grade alloy, repeatedly reinforced, and odds are, if the blade struck a steel pole, either it would do no damage to the sword, or it would notch/cut the steel pole.

Hell, I can get more than what you described out of a standard grade SCREWDRIVER, in real life! xD
Back to top Go down
Lenka
Moderate
Moderate
Lenka

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 12:11 pm

The sword is far thinner than the pole. Also, there isn't usually a vampire wielding it in battle.

Also, during battle, a sword is hitting another sword, and some of the force moves the other sword away. A sword will not move a lightpole away. The extra force applied by a vampire's strength would shatter it on the lightpole.
Back to top Go down
Maximillion
Novice
Novice
Maximillion

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 12:41 pm

Anderson's bayonets and Alucard's guns clashed more than once, without either breaking. Now, Oda obviously hasn't explained why, but it's not unreasonable to think that weapons have been made that can withstand such low levels of abuse.

True, Alucard's bullets could break Anderson's bayonets, but then again, they could also punch huge holes through High-Tier enemies' torsos, so that goes without saying.

Do I need to go and grab some 20-pound textbooks on Metals and Minerals in order to get a weapon that isn't so brittle, or can I be cut some slack without the extracurricular cramming? lol

(Don't underestimate me... I do A LOT of extracurricular cramming as-is. xD)
Back to top Go down
Lenka
Moderate
Moderate
Lenka

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 12:49 pm

Maximillion, you don't need to do any cramming. Your weapon, also, is not brittle. I don't know about where you live, but here, lightpoles are usually two foot thick cylinders of solid steel. You'd need a big, heavy blade and an hydraulic piston to cut through them. I apologize if my reference was out of context or confusing.

Your sword is a great alloy, very strong and relatively flexible. It's perfect the way it is.

(Also, again, Alucard's guns vs Anderson's bayonets are movable objects, not anchored into the ground several feet.)
Back to top Go down
Maximillion
Novice
Novice
Maximillion

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 1:11 pm

Oh. Well, most of the lightpoles I've seen may have a two inch thick metal exterior, but they're fairly hollow (where the wires run through), etc. Also, we still have a ton of wooden lightpoles, so yeah..

With the lightpoles YOU'RE talking about, I'd imagine that Lumen may notch them, but it would require several hacks to try and get through them. Hydraulic? Try Vampiric :p

But yeah, I'm just wanting to be clear that, when it strikes other weapons, its not going to shatter in pieces. Also, when you referred to a "pole", I was envisioning something with the shape of a steel Bo Staff, etc.
Back to top Go down
Lenka
Moderate
Moderate
Lenka

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 3:36 pm

Yeah, against other weapons, people, etc you'll be fine.

However, as an apprentice swordsmith, Someone striking a lightpole puts a sad feel in my chest. A: The first strike will deform the keen edge of the blade, B: It's overall bad for the weapon. Again, meant for cutting through people, and parrying swords, not hacking at lightpoles. I guess this is just beating a dead horse at this point, however. Have fun with your sword!
Back to top Go down
Maximillion
Novice
Novice
Maximillion

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 5:25 pm

It's a thick blade, though, like, pointing it at you, it'd look like a diamond, not a slit.

But yeah, nobody smart dings a sword on a lightpoles.... >.<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cross-Posted from Registry   Cross-Posted from Registry Empty

Back to top Go down

Cross-Posted from Registry
Page 1 of 1