Nightshade Anime & Manga RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun filled anime/manga reading, watching and RPG community.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leon James Harker.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Leon James Harker.  Empty
PostSubject: Leon James Harker.    Leon James Harker.  EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Have you see the OVA or read the manga series of Hellsing?  If so how far have you gotten?  If not please direct your attention to YouTube, and watch OVA 1-4 at least.  Warning: If you have watched the anime we require you watch the OVA, or read the manga.  The anime is not canon.  This is not our opinion.  This is the law set down by the creator of Hellsing, Kouta Hirano.

Yes, yes. I've seen the Ova of Hellsing Ultimate several times, start to finish.

Name: Leon James Harker

Physical appearance: Leon is a tall Caucasian man, standing at a solid six feet even. He has semi-long black hair, a handsome face, and dark blue eyes. He has several large scars over his upper torso due to his training, though he does not make an effort to hide or brag about them. From the look of the scars, it's clear he was injured by a blade. He has an incredibly trained body, near that of an Olympic athlete. Perfectly sculpted, much like a dancers body. He has broad shoulders and his collar bone sticks out due to his muscles.

Apperance:

Clothing of choice: Leon dresses for function, not so much for fashion. His main attire consists of a black skin tight shirt and pants, connected with a black buckle. On top of the shirt and pants, he wears a modified combat vest with most of the padding removed, so only the straps around his waist, shoulders, back, and thighs remain, easily hidden under a jacket. This vest can carry a variety of small arms, from guns to small knives. He also has two slots for two custom blades he owns on the sides of his vest, under his arm pits, around the ribs. He wears simple black boots and a black tench coat that splits into two wide slits at the waist that is yellow on the inside. He also wears black gloves.

Weaponry of choice: His preferred weapons are a pair of dual bladed knives with a gap between each blade. They're small, the blades themselves are only about a foot in length, designed for close combat. Of course, they are blessed. For longer range fights, he carries two small M9 pistols, with blessed bullets on his thighs. Other than that, he'd fight hand to hand. He also carries a grappling wire that is connected to his vest. His whole vest is the grappling mechanism to pull him to high places, though it can be used in combat to restrain enemies. Though, it's mostly for movement. The wire is blessed and made of titanium cabling with a small "Key chain" hook on the end to latch around itself. It can be detached at any time from the vest, and more can be added to the vest at any time outside of battle. He can launch up to two of these at a time, and connect them with his knives if need be. The maximum "latching" distance for the wire is 15 meters (50 feet) from the vest to the object he's trying to grapple to. His trench coat is also made of a bullet proof material, known as Kevlar. (This applies to normal small arms fire. Anything designed to pierce armor or something would obviously pierce it.) and as such, is harder to pierce with a blade than normal clothing, though is still capable of being pierced by blades.

The Tench coat works because of Liquid Armor. Or rather, the Kevlar was soaked in a special fluid that hardens when a bullet hits it, but is still lightweight and flexible. Unfortunately, this still does not stop all bullets, as anything designed to plow through it will still pierce it. The trench coat is not 100% effective however, as he can still feel the bullet hitting him which may very well leave injuries on him, depending on the situation.

Grappling Hook/Vest

2x Blessed custom knives

2x Beretta M9 Caliber: 9-mm NATO
   M9 System of Operation: Short recoil, semiautomatic
   Locking System: O scillating block
   Length: 217 mm (8.54 inches)
   M9 Width: 38 mm (1.5 inches)
   M9 Height: 140 mm (5.51 inches)
   Weight with Empty Magazine: 960 grams or 2.1 pounds.
   Weight with 15-Round Magazine: 1,145 grams or 2.6 pounds.
   Barrel Length: 125 mm (4.92 inches)
   Rifling: R.H , six-groove (pitch 250 mm [about 10 inches])
   M9 Muzzle Velocity: 375 meters per second or 1,230.3 feet per second.
   Muzzle Energy: 569.5 newton meters (430 foot pounds)
   Maximum Range: 1,800 meters (1,962.2 yards)
   Maximum Effective Range: 50 meters (54.7 yards)
   Front Sight: Blade, integral with slide
   Rear Sight: Notched bar, dovetailed to slide
   Sighting Radius: 158 mm (6.22 inches)
   Safety Features: Decocking/safety lever, firing pin block.
   Hammer (half-cocked notch): Prevents accidental discharge.
   Basic Load: 45 rounds
   M9 Trigger Pull: Single-Action: 5.50 pounds and Double-Action: 12.33 pounds.

3x spare magazine per weapon.

Race: He is a human.

Abilities: Due to his immense training to be a vampire killer from a young age, Leon has a body that has near super-human abilities. He can run much faster than the average person, and can lift and throw things that the normal human would need two or three people to move on a normal day. His maximum bench pressing weight is 700 pounds, and throwing weight is 300 pounds. Of course, that's assuming that he can actually pick the object up effectively. He can fall 30 feet with only minor injuries sustained, and is able to withstand speeds that would make a normal human nauseous with no side effects. He is also a master in several forms of martial arts and has an extreme reaction time. He is also good at parkour. He also speaks fluent Russian and English.

Organization: Hellsing

Personality: Outside of battle, Leon is quite polite and kind. He will not disrespect anyone until they give him a reason to. He doesn't act like he's been affected by the battles he's been in, but he is merely human and has been. He's also a bit flirty around certain girls. When in battle though, Leon changes completely. His face becomes like stone, not showing any signs of emotion or fear or anything. He thinks before acting, and will do whatever he can to accomplish his goal. He's done many hard things in his life, such as killing friends who were bitten by vampires and wanted to die before they turned, so he has seen the worst of the world. In short, he doesn't like to "Fuck around".

Rank: Ranked above average soldiers, but below such characters such as Alucard/Walter/Integra/Seras/etc.

Biography: Being a descendent of Mina's brother, Leon was born into the now-scattered remnants of the Harker Family in southern Russia, which in it's time knowing the Hellsing Family, had picked up several tips about killing vampires from them. Mina's brothers family took up the last name "Harker" as a reminder of what had happened to Mina, and that vampires and other creatures did indeed exist. Some of the Harker's didn't want anything to do with vampire hunting, so they stayed out of it. But Leon was born into the small section of the Harker "Vampire Hunters" part of the family. They moved to Southern Russia to get away from the rest of the family and build up their tolerance for the elements, as Russia's climate wasn't the nicest in the world. As such, his training began at the age of eight and he was trained with real blades from the get go. Most Harker's didn't survive the training, but Leon did, but not without repercussions. He almost died several times, but gained a near super-human body because of it as well as good vampire hunting skills. Unfortunatly, this came with a price. He killed his first vampire at the tender age of 13. With help from his teachers and father, of course, but a friend of his had gotten caught in the fight. She had been bitten, and didn't want to turn, so Leon shot her as per her wishes. This wasn't the last time he had to kill his friends, as it happened in many similar situations as he got older and trained more.

After "graduating" from his high school and vampire training, Leon moved out of  Russia to northern London, where he joined the Hellsing organization. He had to prove he was a Harker of course, and that was really the only reason he had gotten to speak with Integra. He has yet to meet Alucard or the other Vampires, but he has heard of them. He has spent most of his time reading, learning up on more ways to kill vampires and other creatures, in hopes to assist Hellsing further. He doesn't want to dissapoint, after all.

RP sample: ~~~~~~~Battle Post~~~~

"You're fast, Harker!" The F-ranked Vampire yelled, as several bullets flew by Leon's body, several hitting his jacket and most missing him. Leon was running along the top of a building during the night in London, fighting a vampire that had been harassing the towns people. "But unfortunatly for you, I'm faster! Hahahahah!" The vampire yelled, as it moved in a flury of motions, circling around Harker by running along the walls before jumping and landing infront of Leon. The vampire kicked Leon square in the chest, sending Leon back with a pain from where the kick hit, though he re-oriented himself in the air and landed on his feet. The vampire pulled out a knife, and attempted to stab Leon. Leon, seeing that he was being lunged at, bent his right leg and extended his left leg, pushing him to the side, tucking his shoulders into a combat-roll to the right, to dodge the attack. Though the mans knife scraped Harker's jacket, Harker took this opportunity to fool his enemy, and he slid his knife out in a blur of motion, cutting his left hand before sliding the knife back into place in that instant.

When he stoped the roll, he was facing away from the vampire, who turned and saw Leon's dripping blood and thought he had stabbed the man without noticing there was no blood on the knife. "Hah! Told ya I'm faster!" The man said, before lunging at Leon again, who had his head turned and watching.  Standing up quickly, Leon used his left hand to grab the attackers armed hand, and twist it. "Gaah!" The man shouted, Harker's blood dripping down the man's arm as he dropped the knife. "But how?! I cut you in your sid-" The man stopped when Leon pulled out his knife and stabbed the man in heart, while he had been distracted by the lack of blood on Leon's left side. "You... cut your... own hand?" The man coughed out while spitting up blood, as Leon twisted the knife in the man's heart. "You're fast, I'll give you that." Leon spoke, his deep voice filling the air for the first time in their encounter. "But unfortunately for you, I'm faster." Dropping the man, Leon removed his bloodied gloves and tossed them off the roof. He rubbed his left wrist with his right hand, his left hand bleeding and hurting like hell. The man had turned to ash before he hit the street below, just as the sun started to rise over London. Leon then spoke something under his breath in Russian, but nobody was around to hear what he said or translate it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ END BATTLE POST ~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~ SOCIAL POST ~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah, reading again are we, Mr. Harker?" Walter spoke, as he smiled at the young boy who had been reading Bram Stoker's "Dracula" which told the story of his ancestor's and of Count Dracula and how he was supposedly killed. "Hm? Oh, why yes." Leon responded, smiling to Walter as he stood up, nodding in return to the man. "Well Leon, I have your weapons ready. Also, dinner will be served soon. Are you hungry at all?" Walter asked, his old man smile still on his face. "Eh. A little. And thank you, Walter. May I ask where they are?" He asked, with a curious tone to his voice.

"Oh they are already waiting for you in your room. I took the liberty of blessing your bullets as well as your knives. I do hope you find it satisfactory." Walter said, though he knew Leon wouldn't complain. Leon was always polite, more so than most people his age in modern society. "I'm sure you did well, Walter. You never disappoint." Leon said in response, smiling to the man. He started walking upstairs to his quarters, smiling to Walter. "Oh and Walter, thank you for putting up with me." He joked, laughing a bit as he headed upstairs to get his weapons ready for his next mission, should it be assigned soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END SOCIAL POST~~~~~

Last edited by Harker on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:59 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leon James Harker.    Leon James Harker.  EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Also: Don't worry. I'm not gonna die again this time. Last time I had a shit-storm of stuff to deal with IRL this time I'm good. I promise.
Back to top Go down
Integra F. W. Hellsing
Elite
Elite
Integra F. W. Hellsing

Character Sheet
Current Active Characters:
Game Related Information:
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Leon James Harker.    Leon James Harker.  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 12:39 am

For the physical appearance please remove the comparison to having a body better than a Olympic athlete. It's ok if you say you're near Olympic approval or that you do Olympic training. But saying you have something better is almost something borderline gary stu, and frankly something that to me can only be achieved through steroids.

As for the lifting what's his limit? Like roughly how many pounds, and such. Just take a good guess.

Add a little more sprinkles into the personality. By sprinkles I mean like is he all business in person, and party in private. Idk I just get the sense the guy is a wicked card shark in poker or something. He can't be all granola all the time. It's like Integra she won't party, but she knows how to enjoy a good board game, and cards.

In the bio I would like just a tad more. Why are these branches of the Harkers in Russia? Where did this branch come from? Did Jonathan have a sister? Brother? If not then did is father have siblings, and these are cousins? You know who are these Harkers. How did they come into vampire hunting, and such?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leon James Harker.    Leon James Harker.  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:54 pm

The edits have been made, as per request!
Back to top Go down
Integra F. W. Hellsing
Elite
Elite
Integra F. W. Hellsing

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Leon James Harker.    Leon James Harker.  EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:06 am

Ok so with the grappling mechanism it seems like you're going for something similar to Attack on Titan's cadets 3DMG. That's what it appears to me anyway. Also with the bulletproof coat it's like with Batman's cape. There's a limit as to the type of ammo it can take. You say small fire arms, but I need something specific like as a max example like can it withstand bullets coming out of a Beretta. I doubt it could withstand Integra's Viper bullets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leon James Harker.    Leon James Harker.  EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:10 am

The grappling hook is just that, a grappling hook. Basic. He attaches it to something and gets pulled up. He doesn't "fly" along like in Attack on Titan. He can swing from it if he attaches it in the right spot. And with the Jacket I was thinking normal small arms fire from normal bullets wouldn't penitrate it. Sure, he'd still feel the impact but the bullet wouldn't pierce it unless it was a special kind of bullet (like FMJ rounds or A sniper rifle bullet, etc). But normal bullets from a Beretta or a Glock .45 ACP wouldn't pierce it. That make sense? The bigger the bullet/type of bullet, the more likely it is to get through the jacket.
Back to top Go down
Integra F. W. Hellsing
Elite
Elite
Integra F. W. Hellsing

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Leon James Harker.    Leon James Harker.  EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:30 pm

Approved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leon James Harker.    Leon James Harker.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Leon James Harker.
Page 1 of 1