Nightshade Anime & Manga RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun filled anime/manga reading, watching and RPG community.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ways To Improve Our Forum

Go down 
+3
Vladimir Kuznetsov
Hyaskus
Integra F. W. Hellsing
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Integra F. W. Hellsing
Elite
Elite
Integra F. W. Hellsing

Character Sheet
Current Active Characters:
Game Related Information:
Nom de Guerre:

Ways To Improve Our Forum Empty
PostSubject: Ways To Improve Our Forum   Ways To Improve Our Forum EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:07 pm

Hello everyone I know we recently had a bit of a meltdown, but we are now asking every member new, and old to please put their input as to how we can improve the forum.  We want to make this a better place, but most importantly we want to have fun in a stress free environment.  So please tell us where we can improve.
Back to top Go down
Hyaskus
Novice
Novice
Hyaskus

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Improve Our Forum   Ways To Improve Our Forum EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:10 pm

An updated Vampire Sheet. It appears that some of the powers shown are inconsistent with the SP system (Alhambra walking up walls, and Chedder Priest Flash Stepping etc) Other than that I cannot think of anything and even the aforementioned is of little problem. I apologize if this is a bother.
Back to top Go down
Vladimir Kuznetsov
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Improve Our Forum   Ways To Improve Our Forum EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:18 pm

A Plot of sorts. Something that the major factions can all take part in and have missions that effect each other.
Back to top Go down
Alexiel Lucifen d'Arte
Novice
Novice
Alexiel Lucifen d'Arte

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Improve Our Forum   Ways To Improve Our Forum EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Possibly something more for Humans, like they can become Special through SP somehow?

Edit: Unified accounts, especially if we raise the OC limit. Any ideas on what that limit would be?

Last edited by Alexiel Lucifen d'Arte on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Improve Our Forum   Ways To Improve Our Forum EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:40 pm

A freaking decision as to what happens to Hellsing. Also, raised character limit.
Back to top Go down
Twitch
Elite
Elite
Twitch

Character Sheet
Current Active Characters: Alucard
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Improve Our Forum   Ways To Improve Our Forum EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:48 am

I suggest we set up an opening community portal again. When we had one years ago it was direct, linked people up to rules and regulations quicker, was a friendly opening for new members, and it made it easier for everyone to see who posted where in what thread you where on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Improve Our Forum   Ways To Improve Our Forum EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:06 pm

As I had mentioned before, unified accounts would be one. Saves on time, space and gives an accurate count as to how many members are here and who's who. Other than that, a rules revision to make things a little more precise. We have a brick right now and that's rough to look at for me, let alone a new member. Like before, I would also like a story reset back in time to around when the events in the OVA ended or before they started, either or.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Improve Our Forum   Ways To Improve Our Forum EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 2:46 pm

One thing i´d like to see changed is a raised character limit.
Maybe a limit bound to the time the player has been on the forum would be good- one character for people who have been here one month or less, two characters for two months, and so forth until a cap of six or so. Four is an even number, i don´t like it.
Back to top Go down
Alexiel Lucifen d'Arte
Novice
Novice
Alexiel Lucifen d'Arte

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Improve Our Forum   Ways To Improve Our Forum EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 2:49 pm

I would say that we have a limit based upon a player's RP ability and dedication/activity on the forum. A maximum of six would be cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Improve Our Forum   Ways To Improve Our Forum EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 2:50 am

Got an idea- something thats been bugging me for a while is that artifical vampires are limited to category F to C now.
Maybe that could be changed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Improve Our Forum   Ways To Improve Our Forum EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 1:37 am

So this is something Coda and I talked about as an alternative to Slaughter points where you could mix and match between the two. The details would have to be ironed out but we talked about maybe giving an option where after your character has been alive for a certain amount of time, you could take a special mission or something where you would RP getting the next rank up and it would take a certain amount of posts rather than getting the necessary slaughter points. Also, we were talking about an option to reward long term faithful members where if you already earned a certain category, you could automatically start with a character of that category after you get the character gets approved. Maybe to place a limit on it so it doesn't get abused, maybe we could either do a separate points system where if you unlock something, you get 5 points in that category and each time you start with that category, it takes a point out or something. It would be a nice way to diversify and get some different levels of characters up in here.
Back to top Go down
Mato Kuroi
Moderate
Moderate
Mato Kuroi

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Improve Our Forum   Ways To Improve Our Forum EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 4:14 pm

That... doesn`t sound very appealing, actually.

But i´ve already decided i`ll be staying on this forum so i´ll swallow that pill too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Improve Our Forum   Ways To Improve Our Forum EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 11:07 pm

Well again, it's just a thought Mato. I'm not trying to force it. I figured what with the missions already being an option, someone might like actually attaining those abilities in story and again, I'd love to iron out the ideas and try to get something that works for everyone. Is there any augment you wanna place to that where maybe it might work or is it just a completely bad idea? What's wrong with it as a whole? I'm curious to know man. What are your thoughts? Also, which of the two ideas that I placed did ya not like? The long term reward idea, the mission rank up alternative or both?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Improve Our Forum   Ways To Improve Our Forum EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 11:00 am

Alternative A: Why. Slaughter points worked fine- You had to work in order to get rewards, and you could do so any time you wanted. It got things done, and people became stronger.

Your alternative means people have to wait and lurk around before they can start actually doing something- keep in mind that most the time we don`t do anything on here. And getting posts is ususally where things get confusing- if you go by the pure post count, people can spam and gain ranks. If you go by the pure RP post count, you have to check every single post the member made to see if he`s worthy.
Basically, its a LOT of hassle for some replacement for a system that WORKS and everyone is ACCUSTOMED TO. Do you know the IT phrase "never change a working system"? Its true.

Alternative B:
So basically you say if you`ve reached a high category once you can always start at a high category. Not a bad plan- but, you´ve forgot that "high category" is a double sided sword- currently even our low level characters have insanely overpowered abilities, such as creating fire, being armed with guns the size of a truck, having bulletproof coats, the like. If we actually allow high level vampires to start from the top, you seriously have to look close and be harsh with the judgement on said character. Don`t wave it through, but only approve characters that are balanced, but powerful, or we will have a desaster where just one character can ruin the entire gameplay.

You might think i`m overracting, or say "That will never happen/we`ll just wait and see" but i`ve seen it happen, many, many times, and if abused, it will happen again.

-------

Here`s a suggestion from me, by the way. I`m sure i brought this up before, but how about we allow members to see the archives?
Back to top Go down
Integra F. W. Hellsing
Elite
Elite
Integra F. W. Hellsing

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Improve Our Forum   Ways To Improve Our Forum EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 7:08 pm

We're actually working on ways to improve the DM missions experience, and better rewards as well as three different levels. I just skimmed, and didn't really read but just wanted to say that.
Back to top Go down
Mato Kuroi
Moderate
Moderate
Mato Kuroi

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Improve Our Forum   Ways To Improve Our Forum EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:31 am

Found some old forum style logos for the three main organizations in my old forum files i had saved on a CD. There`s also one for the PEDS but since thats not around anymore its no use... yeah, they´re from the first generation forum, 2008.

Hellsing
http://s60.radikal.ru/i169/0808/d4/62119202b8a0t.jpg

Iscariot
http://s54.radikal.ru/i146/0808/80/dffca1f0e1e7t.jpg

Millenium
http://s61.radikal.ru/i174/0808/dd/069bcb844ddbt.jpg

You may use these if you want, i have little use for them anymore since i long abandoned my idea to create a hellsing forum, unlike some other guy we don´t speak about.
Back to top Go down
Hanshin Faust
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Improve Our Forum   Ways To Improve Our Forum EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 2:09 pm

• Regard every new member as though they're on equal footing with staff. (we're all humans, nobody having any more IRL significance than the other)
  • If a sleight is perceived, ask if one is intended. (assuming makes an A-S-S out of folks)
  • Recognize the possibility that a newbie might have just as much worth/value as an oldbie. (you have former/current Administrators, Webmasters, Game Designers and even maybe Novelists joining. Being new doesn't mean a person's stupid, lazy or incompetent)
  • Bans should be used as a last resort. If a Staffer finds they just aren't seeing eye-to-eye with a player, just leave them be and leave all interaction professional and to the point (if posting Apps, requesting help, etc). Staff seen performing bans before every other avenue is exhausted will be demoted instantly, their Membership put on probation. Staff caught instigating players will be demoted on sight.

This would be a good start. Not saying anyone here has this problem, but sites implode from Staff losing sight of the importance of their players, and treating them like 2nd Class citizens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ways To Improve Our Forum   Ways To Improve Our Forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Ways To Improve Our Forum
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nightshade Anime & Manga RPG Forum :: Public Information :: Announcements :: Complaints/Suggestions :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: