Nightshade Anime & Manga RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun filled anime/manga reading, watching and RPG community.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerald Coveli
Rookie
Rookie

Character Sheet
Current Active Characters:
Game Related Information:
Nom de Guerre:

Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing) Empty
PostSubject: Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing)   Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing) EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:51 pm

Have you see the OVA or read the manga series of Hellsing? If so how far have you gotten? If not please direct your attention to YouTube, and watch OVA 1-4 at least. Warning: If you have watched the anime we require you watch the OVA, or read the manga. The anime is not canon. This is not our opinion. This is the law set down by the creator of Hellsing, Kouta Hirano.
I have seen the OVA, though I have not finished it. I have read the manga in its entirety,and have been hooked ever since!

Name: Jerald Coveli

Physical appearance: Jerald is of average hieght, standing at 5' 7", is 155lds, and rather lean. His muscles appear toned, though not to an extreme extent. His eyes are blueish in color, with green tint that becomes more noticeable in lower light. However, when angered, his eyes hold the characteristic red glow of a Vampire.Jeralds' hair is Straw Blonde, and very long, tied into a braid that reaches down to the back of his knees.

Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing) Blonde-emerald

Clothing of choice: Jerald often wears a black leather jacket with some kind of dress shirt underneath. He usually wears jeans, as he finds them comfortable, and keeps them up via a plain leather belt. His pendants are made of a silver substitute, as he is unable to wear the real thing. One of the pendants is a representation of a three head dragon with large horns that come around like a rams. The other is a crown with four extensions, each with a ruby set into it.

Weaponry of choice: Jerald came across his sword, the "Bongo de Sanque", while traveling through Italy some time after he became a Vampire. The man who sold him the sword told him a story of a great Italian hero, whose name was lost in antiquity, who wielded this sword. It was said that the sword was forged for nothing more than the killing of German barbarians who persisted in their attempts to claim Italy, even after the fall of the Roman Empire. Unfortunately, the Hero met a most tragic end, and the Sword was said to bring bad luck to all that were unworthy to wield it.
Jerald fell in love with the weapon right away, and bought it with little consideration of the price. Never has the sword caused him misery, or ill luck. The weapon itself is of fine craftsmanship, and is very sturdy. Its blade is around 4 1/2 feet long, and estimated to be 2 inches wide.

Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing) 71521636

Jerald is also very familiar with the use of firearms. His favorites are his two Colt 1911 A1 pistols. They were given to him by his father who served in the military near the end of World War 2. He loves these guns, and always keeps them in good condition. Each holds a modified magazine that holds 12 rounds, instead of the usual 8. While not the apex of stopping power, they are enough to cause any FREAK or low level Vampire a bad day, especially when coupled with silver or blessed bullets.

Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing) 317.02.45_ColtMilitary_persp_ret

Race: Catagory D Vampire

Abilities: Regeneration may take a long amount of time for major damage (ie: 15 posts), sublime supernatural strength, agility, stamina, durability, and reflexes, big weakness to silver and blessed weaponry but survivable, killable through conventional means, ability to turn virgins into vampires, non-virgins into somewhat weak ghouls, the need to drink blood occasionally, susceptible to unblessed damage (still fatal to them), meagre weakness to sunlight (as in they get sick around it).

Jerald is very good with bladed weapons, preferring to use swords; However, other weapons such as spears or knives are not out of the question.

He is also a lover of firearms. Handguns especially. He has the uncanny ability to use any type of handgun ever made(with the exception being, of course, those that were never released to the public, such as Alucard's Jackle.)He is also has a moderate natural ability with rifles; however, he is not as good with them.

Jerald is a history buff. Ask him about a period in history, and he just might be able to tell you about it. This is especially true of Italian history, as it has always interested him.

Organization: Jerald currently has no affiliations with any group, as of yet.

Personality: Jerald is a kind soul. He hates killing without a reason, and loves to help people in need. Socially, he is an out going person who loves to make friends and share jokes. He suffers from depression, however, and tends to fall into long periods of seclusion.

Though Jerald is a sociable person, he has no interest in sexual relations. He feels that sex is superficial, and takes no interest. This does not mean, however, that he is incapable of love. He believes that it is very possible to have a loving relationship without sex, and is determined to find such a relationship.

When in battle, he is a completely different person, though. Jerald becomes cold, calculating, and strategic.He will make us of any and every advantage, and may even cheat, though this isn't how he sees it. He figures in a fight where someone is trying to kill you, their is no such thing as fair. His main tactic is to stay on the outside, until he can find a weakness in his opponents defenses. At that point, if he feels confident, he will go in with his sword for a direct attack. If he finds that its not possible to fight, however, he will try to find a way out to fight again another day.

He also tends to be very territorial. He has spent quite a while setting up connections that would allow him to live without the Vatican and other organizations on his back. Other vampires who enter his adopted home town and cause trouble better beware, because if the Vatican or Hellsing fails to find you, Jerald just might.

Biography: Jerald lived life very simply. He was born in 1957, in Georgia state. His father, at the time, was 40 years old, had three other children, and was a veteran of the 2nd World War. He showed affection to all of his children, but payed particular attention to Jerald. By the time he was 6, Jerald already new how to handle a low caliber rifle, and by 13 he was learning to clean them as well. But what truly interested him were his fathers Colt 1911's from the War. In 1975, when Jerald had turned 18, his father got sick suddenly. On his death bed, he told Jerald how proud he was that Jerald, unlike his siblings, had been there for him at his death, and passes down the weapons that Jerald admired so much.

Jerald had always be inspired by his fathers stories about the War, and always swore that he would join the Army one day and be a hero like his father. A year after his fathers death, he joined the military, a little peeved that the war had ended before he could see combat. He was later stationed in Italy, a country that he soon came to love, though it wasn't the action packed life he had hoped for.

One night, while on leave from the base, Jerald went out with some of his comrades to a local bar. There, the drank sang, and generally had a good time. After a few hours of fun, Jerald left the bar to return to the base, as he had to report back in the morning for active duty. While walking, he saw a figure in the shadows of one of the alleys.

It was a young woman, dressed in an attractive white dress that fit tightly at her waist and flowed out to reach her knees. Her hair was raven black, framing a pale and lovely face with hypnotizing hazel eyes. Around her neck, she wore a beautiful bronze necklace, with a dove shaped pendant. He noticed her at once as the girl he had rejected in the bar when she had asked him to join her for "A night of fun." She apparently didn't like this, and stormed out in a huff.

She looked at him, and found himself grabbed by the neck, and dragged down the ally. She threw him against the wall, holding him there with little effort. Her strength was unreal! Jerald was strong for his size, but she held him as if he were nothing but a rag doll! She looked at him, and noticed a most horrible change. Her eyes were no longer that hypnotizing hazel, but now a deep blood red, and her teeth had grown into terrifying fangs! She expressed her displeasure with him, rant that he could have had the best time, and he wouldn't have had to die slowly.

As Jerald struggled, she smiled, and chomped down on his neck with great force. The pain was unbearable! He had been punched, kicked in the gut, and generally put into situations where pain was a serious possibility; but nothing he had ever experienced anything that felt like this! It was as though fire was coursing through him. He had to do something; he wasn't about to die like this!

Jerald somehow freed one of his arms, and was able to draw one of his fathers 1911's. He put the barrel to the creatures head, and before she could react, he pulled the trigger. Blood shot every where as the monster fell to the ground, the foul red liquid pouring free of the wound, covering the ground and soaking Jerald's' shoes. He tried to stumble away from the scene, but collapsed only half a block away.

When Jerald awoke, he found himself in a hospital, though not in one of the patients rooms. Instead, he found himself in the morgue, tagged and ready to be transported to the grave. At first, he freaked out. Was he really dead? If so, was he a Zombie? He ruled out that possibility very quickly. Soon, he caught a look at himself in the mirror, and noticed his new found fangs. He was a Vampire, and he could never return to his old life.

He fled the Hospital under cover of darkness, and continued to travel throughout Europe, eventually settling in Southern Ireland. He always tried to keep a low profile, usually by sneaking into Blood Banks when the time came to feed. Soon, he gained connections throughout Europe with people who could get him the blood he needed in exchange for favors. To this day, Jerald has been able to stay out of the disputes that have arisen since he was turned, but as he ages he feels that the time will come when he'll have to pick a side in this "Underworld Underground".

Social RP sample: Jerald looked out into the open night sky as it flew by the windows of the train. A beautiful night, stars twinkling as they formed the constellations, each much brighter here in the country than anywhere in the city.

"It looks as if you can even see all of Ursa Major tonight! The most many get to see is the part they call the 'Big Dipper.'"

Jerald remembered a time when his father had taken him out to see the stars. In Georgia it was much easier to find a place that untouched by human light. It was sad really. God had given them so much, and still they create things that shroud that beauty with unneeded artificial luminescence.

But that wasn't what h was there for. The job at hand was much more gloomy, and far more worrisome than stars. Why else would he be on this train, headed for the lovely German countryside? It certainly wasn't on a whim. He had been there many times before, both on business and for pleasure, and he found that it did get quite boring after a time.

As he was mulling this over, he barely noticed that a wonderful looking woman had come to stand near him.

"Excuse me, monsieur. I wonder if I may sit witt you?"She said.

He heard her, discerning her deep French accent. He turned, seeing her, standing there with her cute, curly, blonde locks. Her lips where cherry red, and her skin a characteristic pale white. Her eyes where a shade of pale violet, further enhanced by an eye shadow of a similar color.

She wore a green sweater, with a long turtle neck, and a golden cross around it. Her jeans were a faded blue, with a small rip at the knee. Her shoes were a pair of black heels; what brand, Jerald had no idea. Upon her head was a rather stereotypical French beret. On anyone else, he would have said it was cliche, but she pulled it off quite nicely.

"I don't mind. I would love your company."

She sat in the seat next to him, and introduced herself as Aria. She was a french foreign exchange student who had come to Germany to study German as a third language.

"I know zat I am not very good at ze English yet, but I wish to know more languages, so I come here."she said to him.

"It isn't that bad. In fact, I like your accent; its cute."

He said this with a smile, meaning every word.

"Oh, stop! You are making me blush, monsieur!"

At around 4:03 pm, the train stops at Aria's station. Before rushing off, she gives Jerald her number, and asks Jerald to call her. As Jerald walks back to his cabin, he thinks to himself:

"What a beautiful girl. So sweet, so innocent. You rarely find that any more. She might be just what I'm looking for...

Combat RP sample Vs. 20 ghouls: Jerald was standing in a prominent Irish cathedral. It was of a Gothic style, with hand carved gargoyles, and a stone alter at the back. It was obvious that it's builder had never intended it to be anything but a church;but tonight, it was little more than a horror show.

Jerald looked into the cold, dead eyes of the ghouls surrounding of him, seeing their pain. They didn't want this. They hadn't asked to be bound to this endless servitude. It was part of the reason he never made ghouls himself; not even if it was his worst enemy.

"Three to the right... four to the left. Three in front. Ten more on their way from the basement. I'll end this quickly for them..."

Jerald drew his pistols, taking careful aim, and fired. The first two hit their marks, two lodging themselves in the head and chest of the first ghoul. Blood flew from the wounds as it pierced the brain and heart
respectively.

The next two pierce the brains of the others, spraying their blood along with the others. Jerald turns to his left, jumping into the air, over the heads of the ghouls, and fired as he landed. The shots ripped through the ghouls. Three fell dead instantly, four were grazed.

The ghouls were now advancing on him. He fired four more shots, each hitting their mark. More blood stained the pews.

Just as he had finished, the others had come through the basement door, and rushed at Jerald with a ferocious blood-lust. He fired his last four shots into the group, taking two of them down. The rest were still rushing him. he jumped back toward the wall, and holstered his guns. He reached down at his side, and drew Sanque from it's sheath.

He prepared his stance, and rushed the ghouls head on. He severed one of their necks, sending it's head flying through the air. He whirled around, separating three more heads from their bodies. More blood.

A ghoul rushed at Jerald, who flicked Sanque toward him in a lazy motion, severing the things body from groin to head, causing the ghouls guts to spill out onto the floor. The others came at him from all directions. With a simple spinning move, he was able to kill a two more and send the others flying.

One of the ghouls landed on the alter, while the others landed only a few feet away. the got up, rather quickly and once more tried to rush Jerald.

"You won't suffer much longer..."

Jerald jumped up over the ghouls heads and decapitated both in one swing. As the bodies crumpled to the floor, Jerald walked over to the last ghoul, who was just now getting up from the alter. As the ghoul moans in his direction, Jerald reached the point right in front of it and slashed the head in two.

Jerald turned away. and walked through the carnage. All he could think about was getting back at the vampire who had brought so much heat down on his territory, and had so carelessly left his ghouls sitting around a local landmark.

Last edited by Stranded on Fri May 24, 2013 8:01 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing)   Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 1:39 pm

Asexuality isn't really part of gender. It confused me at first, thinking he was simply genderless and identified himself as a male.

He's not really that short, but he's actually overweight for his height. More description about features and any noticeable markings would be nice, too.

What are his pendants? There's no description. The picture is nice, but you still need to describe his business.

Careful about using silver bullets. You can't touch them directly, so it would be difficult to reload. Where do you get them, anyway?

Shadow ability is already part of higher level skills, so you're not allowed to use it. Shadow powers are just hard to be fair with and overused, anyway.

Maybe he shouldn't be going after girls if he wants to be with someone~
Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing) Tumblr_lezns15iZg1qf6zojo1_500

Back to top Go down
Jerald Coveli
Rookie
Rookie

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing)   Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 3:49 pm

I figured I'd see some suggestions. Really, I was hoping for them. Smile
I added the asexuality where it is because I had no where else to put it. I was debating adding it at all, but I thought it would be interesting.

Also, why wouldn't he go after girls if he want to be with someone? One of his major traits shows that he wants to find a non-sexual relationship, as he doesn't want sex to define it.

About the silver bullets. I never said he used them, I just said that they would add to the damage, though I can see how that would be confusing, so I'll omit that part.

Also, your right about the height vs. weight thing. He was originally lighter, but I was afraid he was too light, and I think I over compensated.

I'll try to fix some of the problems. Any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing)   Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:17 pm

Sexuality is more a personality thing. It's perfectly valid to add if it's going to be an important part of how you act.

That was a joke. Even so, if he doesn't care about sex, then I'd think he'd be open to a relationship with a man, too. I sure am~
Back to top Go down
Jerald Coveli
Rookie
Rookie

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing)   Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:34 pm

He might be. In the original concept, he had a butler. They had a rather intimate relationship, but I got rid of the idea...

I've fixed the height/weight issue, I think. Also, I'm gonna fix the sword as well. It's a little over the top. And I think the "I can't find love cause I'm a monster" thing is a little too Twilightish to me. Might come up with something a little less... cliche.
Back to top Go down
Jerald Coveli
Rookie
Rookie

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing)   Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:07 pm

Most of the fixes are more like removals. If you guy's think it needs anything else, please tell me.

Also, like I said, I change the picture for the sword. The other was a bit over the top, and it wasn't really believable that it would be used in the medieval period. I decided to go with a more realistic type.

Like I said, any suggestions are appreciated. Other than that, its ready.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing)   Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing) EmptySat May 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Seems fine.

Approvals: 1
Disapprovals: 0
Back to top Go down
Rufus ShinRa
Moderate
Moderate
Rufus ShinRa

Character Sheet
Nom de Guerre:

PostSubject: Re: Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing)   Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing) EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:38 pm

seems balanced enough

approvals: 2

disapprovals: 0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing)   Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing) EmptyThu May 30, 2013 11:25 pm

My apologies for taking so long to notice this.

APPROVALS: 03

DISAPPROVALS: 00

LOCKED AND MOVED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing)   Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing) Empty

Back to top Go down

Jerald Coveli (Ready for voteing)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nightshade Anime & Manga RPG Forum :: Registration :: Hellsing Registration :: Registration :: Approved-
Jump to: