Nightshade Anime & Manga RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun filled anime/manga reading, watching and RPG community.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Audition for Jan Valentine

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Audition for Jan Valentine Empty
PostSubject: Audition for Jan Valentine   Audition for Jan Valentine EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:14 pm

PLEASE NOTE: This username is for an OC that I'm currently working on. You will see this soon enough. But since I saw that Jan Valentine wasn't on the claimed Canon list, I wanted to take a stab at him. I found out that the username Jan was taken, but since this person has not claimed Mr. Valentine and has not been online for nearly three weeks, I thought it fair of me to try. If I succeed, I will make an appropriate user. I have tried to make the bio fit the Luke Valentine profile I found. Enjoy.

Have you see the OVA or read the manga series of Hellsing? If so how far have you gotten? If not please direct your attention to youtube, and watch OVA 1-4 at least. Warning: If you have watched the anime we require you watch the OVA, or read the manga. The anime is not canon. This is not our opinion. This is the law set down by the creator of Hellsing, Kouta Hirano.

I have seen all released episodes of the OVA and read the last two issues of the manga. Meaning that the only hole in my story continuity knowledge is just about half the final battle between Alucard and Anderson.

Name: Jan Valentine

Physical appearance: Jan is fairly tall and skinny. Has somewhat dark skin. His arms and legs are incredibly long compared to the rest of his body, giving him a somewhat odd overall appearance. He has dark hair and yellow eyes, the latter of which seem almost catlike, bar the slit pupils. He has numerous piercings all over his body, some of which are visible, and some of which are more... Subtle. He has a fairly prominent nose and a chin which juts slightly.

Clothing of choice: Jan wears a dark blue high-collared jacket and dark blue pants, both of which have white trim. This is, of course, his Millennium uniform. Underneath the jacket, he wears a white T-shirt. He also wears white gloves and a dark blue bandana with a white-and-gold eye design on the front.

Weaponry of choice: Jan uses multiple types of weapons. He owns two modified P90 SMGs, fitted with longer barrels, longer handles and ACOG sights (Although the latter aren't really used all that much, making them mostly for show).

Spoiler:

In addition, he has three Vector SMGs, fitted with longer barrels and improved sights as well. These all have a smiley face pinted on them, just for shits and giggles.

Spoiler:

Finally, he also has two Glock 19, outfitted with ACOG sight, two handles and sometimes silencers. All of these modifications were made on his request "because it looks fucking awesome, man!".

Spoiler:

While he also sometimes carries around other weapons, and has combat experience with many other types as well, these are his preferred ones: Noisy, effective and looking awesome.

Race: Superior FREAK

Abilities: Regeneration may take an extremely long amount of time for major damage (ie: 10 posts), medium supernatural strength, agility, stamina, durability, and reflexes, medium weakness to silver and blessed weaponry to a point its fatal to be hit by one, ability to turn virgins and non-virgins alike into ghouls, susceptible to unblessed damage (still fatal to them but at a large amount), the need to drink blood often.

Organization: Millennium

Personality: Jan's a real hard fucker! No, what I mean is, he's the shit, man! I mean, sure, those Hellsing fuckers can be all dark and brooding and shit, but man, Jan just likes to have some fun, dude. I mean, come on! Who gives a shit about whether the world is fucked tomorrow if you get fucked today, right? Fucking losers, coming in here, thinking that they own the world. Nah man, if you want shit done, you do it yourself, right? And if you're smart, you crack some fucking jokes while you're at it. Let's just face the fucking facts here: Killing is the SHIT! Blood's good, screams are good, it's all fucking amazing, right? Because, shit man, if you can't have fun while being a sociopathic, wise-cracking mass murderer, then what can you have fun with? Duuuuuuude?

Biography:
Jan Valentine was not born as the brother of Luke Valentine. Whereas Luke was born into a life of wealth, Jan started his life in a poor family, under the name Romero, his mother dying upon giving birth to him. Jan’s father would often beat him, giving Jan the blame for his mother’s death. The father himself was an alcoholic, a shell of a man, not fit to have a job. Although Jan went to school for a couple of years, he was soon expelled – already during his childhood, he began to display sociopathic tendencies. One day, he started beating another kid with a chair during a class, almost killing her before being dragged away by the horrified teacher. When asked for a reason, he merely shrugged and started laughing. The incident, of course, led to more abuse from his father. However, one day, Jan became tired and fed up with it. He wandered onto the streets one day, drunk on both alcohol and emotions. This was where he first saw Luke Valentine. He decided that a bit of fun might be had this way, so he followed the lad home and saw his mansion.

Jan was furious. He had lived his life in poverty, and this self-absorbed asshole got all he wanted! That wasn’t fair. Not at all. He decided to rob the house. Nah, fuck that, he’d burn the place down, along with all the rich assholes inside of it. By means not entirely legal, Jan managed to get ahold of a gun. Before using it, though, he decided to test it a little. He went to his father’s apartment. The man was passed out drunk. Of course. Jan kicked him. The man didn’t react. He then kicked his father in the face. Screaming, he awoke and looked at Jan with horror. Jan simply laughed as he shot the father three times. First in his groin, then his stomach and finally the head. Perhaps people in the other flats had heard it. Jan didn’t give a shit. Around those parts, you were very stupid and probably somewhat suicidal if you poked your head in after hearing gunshots at your neighbor’s place.

Jan then proceeded to the manor where the rich kid lived. He crawled over the fence and broke through a window. Making his way through the place, he heard a scream. Then another. Deciding that it might be a good idea to find out what the fuck was happening, he ran up the stairs just in time to see the rich kid stabbing his mother with a knife. Nice. But behind him, the a guy Jan assumed to be his father was sneaking up op him. Two shots to the knees later, the man was quite incapable of sneaking anywhere ever again. Jan jumped the man while Luke just kept chopping in his mother’s corpse. Well, kid had fucking spirit. And also what appeared to be a boner. Huh. Jan grabbed the father’s head and punched the man again and again before finally digging his thumbs into the vulnerable eyes, something that would later become a habit of his.

After finishing off the family, Jan and Luke started working together. Luke would provide brains, while Jan provided all of the dirty language and most of the dirty work. They became close, or so Jan thought, eventually leading to Jan’s name officially being changed to Jan Valentine. Jan followed Luke when the latter decided to look further into the clues he had found of some unknown part of the Nazi activities or some shit. Jan couldn’t care less – he just wanted to know when the next meal, kill and screw would be. It did, however, pique his interest when Luke mentioned that he might be able to get all three in one if his findings turned out to be real. After some work, the two managed to find the Millennium organization. Luke lent out his family’s sizable bank account in exchange for he and Jan being turned into FREAKs. Jan largely agreed – that is to say, he agreed on the parts that involved killing and fucking people. And that was good enough for him. While Luke would always go on about eternal power and immortality, Jan was really more about the simple pleasures in life – that is, the aforementioned fucking and killing.

RP sample:

The night was filled with the sounds of cheerful voices. Odd, really, because it was frigid outside. Then again, most of the voices came from inside the numerous bars that were situated on either side of the street. A few came from drunkards staggering into the streets, but those were present every night of the year in this neighborhood. Not really Jan’s type of thing. He was going for something different than the bars. Venturing further down, he started running into the working girls – prostitutes, selling their bodies for money. Nah, why buy what you could get for free if you wanted? But tonight wasn’t a night for fun, it was business time. Well, as much business as those stuck-up Millennium fuck-ups would trust him to do. Most people were quick to write him off as dumb when first meeting him. That, however, would be a shame to think of him in such a way. Jan was pretty fucking smart; he just wasn’t the kind of type who would sit around with his nose in a book all day. That was more something his brother, Luke, would tend to do. Nah, Jan was a man of action. And action was called for on this night.

Looking down at himself, Jan thought that he had done a pretty good job hiding those three submachine guns that he carried around. He would probably have had an easier time hiding two, and he would probably not need any more than that. It had to be three, though. Because there is no such kill as overkill. At least that was something he’d learned in all his years as a hitman, a mercenary, a serial killer and so on. And now a vampire. His life was pretty fucked up, but at least it was fun. Finally, he reached the place. Number 15. Huh. There was no 13. Just 11 and 15. How fucked up was that? Did these people think that the place would be less unlucky because they called it something else? Well, they were about to find out, weren’t they? Jan pulled out one of the SMGs and shot the lock off the door. He kicked it down and grinned. “Knock, knock, it’s fucking Goofy time!” As two people ran out to him with handguns, Jan pulled out the second weapon. He had no idea why he had to do this, nor who lived here. And he didn’t give a shit, really. He had his orders, and those would be followed.

One of the two men in front of him yelled out. “DROP YOUR WEAPON! WE WILL SHOOT!” Jan started walking towards the two. “DROP IT!” He simply shrugged, then dropped both of his guns. At this point, the two started going closer to Jan, slowly and with their guns raised. Jan laughed, then pulled out his third weapon. “Oh, you fuckers fell for the oldest trick in the book! Shit, man!” With these words, he took out both of the targets, their blood splattering onto walls, ceiling and floor. Jan started going towards the two other guns when he heard some other people coming closer. Someone tried to open a door. Jan responded by slamming shut the door, crushing the fingers of whoever was trying to get in and resulting in a scream from the other side. Jan just laughed. “Yo dude, three’s a party, four’s a crowd. Guess you’re gonna have to take a hike!” Swiftly, Jan opened the door and kicked the man in the face, resulting in him being smashed into a wall. Jan took a picture out of his pocket. “Huh. Guess you’re the bitch I was sent here to deal with.” Jan looked at the man again – his face had been caved in by the impact. Definitely wasn’t gonna get up again. “Also, you might want to get a first aid kit or some shit, maybe some surgical reconstruction of the face of yours. Well, whatever floats your boat, I’m outta here. See ya!” With these words, Jan left the house and shut the door behind him. He could hear police sirens in the distance. Who cared? Quickly in quickly out, then home to whack it off, that was what he did. He didn’t care who, what or why he was sent out to kill. He just loved doing it.

Last edited by Ulrich Faust on Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:12 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Audition for Jan Valentine   Audition for Jan Valentine EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:27 pm

(Weapons are wrong. Just mentioning.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Audition for Jan Valentine   Audition for Jan Valentine EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:31 pm

Seras Victoria wrote:
(Weapons are wrong. Just mentioning.)

In his one appearance, he carries around two assault rifles. However, since there is nothing special about them and nothing that indicates that these are his weapons of choice, I took some liberties. I will, of course, change this if asked by any of the mods/admins/whatever. But I thank you for trying to help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Audition for Jan Valentine   Audition for Jan Valentine EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 8:21 pm

The rifles Jan uses in his assault on the Hellsing Manor are actually highly customized so its generally accepted that they're his preferred weapons. I have no problem with him having experience with many types of firearms but please include descriptions of his rifles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Audition for Jan Valentine   Audition for Jan Valentine EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 11:33 pm

Will do!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Audition for Jan Valentine   Audition for Jan Valentine EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:20 am

Right, weapon section has been rewritten to account for the requested changes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Audition for Jan Valentine   Audition for Jan Valentine EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 2:58 pm

Hahahahahaha!
The faces on the guns definitely made my day.
Overall, I think the sheet is pretty good.
Excellent job, mate.

Approvals: One.
Disapprovals: Zero.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Audition for Jan Valentine   Audition for Jan Valentine EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 11:32 pm

APPROVALS: 2

DISAPPROVALS: 0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Audition for Jan Valentine   Audition for Jan Valentine EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Approvals: 3
Dis-Approvals: Zer0

Sorry for the wait.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Audition for Jan Valentine   Audition for Jan Valentine EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Approvals: 4
Disapprovals: 0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Audition for Jan Valentine   Audition for Jan Valentine EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:15 pm

4 approvals is all you need.
Locked and moved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Audition for Jan Valentine   Audition for Jan Valentine Empty

Back to top Go down

Audition for Jan Valentine
Page 1 of 1